A Flight Of Imagination Journal Prompts
Americans moved out west in covered wagons from the 1840s until the 1880s. The wagon trains could cover about 10-20 miles a day. The trip from east to west took about 4-6 months. In just under a hundred years, Americans would travel that same trip across the country by aircraft in only 6 hours.
1. Were you ever fascinated with flight?
2. What did your parents think about airplanes and the Boeing 707? What did your grandparents think?
3. How old were you when you took your first airplane trip? Where was the destination? What about the trip was memorable?
4. What is the longest flight you ever took? Did you ever fly to another continent? What about the trip was memorable?
5. On July 20, 1969, Neil Armstrong took his first steps on the moon? Did you follow newscasts of the event? Where were you when you heard the news?
6. By 2020, One company, Space Adventure from Virginia, has successfully brought several tourists to orbit around the earth with a stop at the International Space Station. The cost, $20,000,000 a ticket. If cost were no issue, would you be interested in becoming a space tourist and having that same kind of adventure?
7. Complete the following: 1869: Covered Wagons to the Wild West. 1969: Space Shuttles to the Moon. 2069: _________________________________ Where do you think mankind's flights of imagination will take us next?