Sound of Music Soundtrack Trivia
Updated: May 4
The Sound of Music soundtrack was one of the most successful soundtracks in history. It sold more than 20 million copies worldwide. Released in March of 1965, the album remained in the top 10 on the Billboard Chart for 109 weeks. In 2018, the Sound of Music soundtrack was included in the Library of Congress's National Registry of Historically or Culturally significant Recordings.
How well do you know the songs of the Sound of Music? If you can guess all 10 questions correctly, you are Sound of Music trivia master, Good Luck!
1.In the song "My Favorite Things", the lyrics mention raindrops and whiskers. Where are the raindrops and on what are the whiskers?
2. In the song "Do-Re-Mi", What did Do-Re-Mi stand for?
3. What song do the Von Trapp children sing as they put on a marionette show?
4. According to the opening song of the movie, what are the hills alive with?
5. Fill in the blank: How do you solve a problem like____________?
6. Which character in the movie sings "Climb Every Mountain"?
7. According to the song, "So Long, Farwell", Where is there a sad sort of clanging?
8. Song Edelweiss is about an Austrian mountain flower. What color is the flower?
9. Which two characters sing the duet, "Sixteen going on Seventeen"?
10. Which two characters sing the duet, "Something Good"?
Answers: 1)roses and kittens 2)Deer, a female Deer, Ray a drop of golden sun, Me a name I call myself 3)The Lonely Goatherd 4)music 5)Maria 6)the Reverend Mother 7)the clock in the hall (from the bells in the steeple, too) 8)white 9) Rolf and Leisl 10) Captain Von Trapp and Maria